Hands-on Exhibit at Booths
Title: Bird Carvings
- Instructors: Ms. Yoshiko Toriyama (University of Tsukuba), Ms. Kyoko Kitsutaka (English/Japanese Braille translation society ALTO), Ms. Harumi Fujiwara (NPO Harmony Ai)
- Summary: Students learn the characteristics of birds by touching “bird carvings”, life size realistic sculptures of birds borrowed from Mr. Haruo Uchiyama, the sculptor, and the Japan Bird Carving Association.
Title: Tactile Masterpieces
- Instructor: Mr. Susumu Ouchi (National Institute of Special Needs Education)
- Summary: Students feel the designs, composition, shapes and texture of masterpieces by using tactile paintings. They are also given additional information, such as their colors, brightness of the colors, and aesthetic value from guides and catalogues.
Title: Tactile Astrophotography
- Instructors: Mr. Tomoyuki Arai (Otawara City Fureai-no-Mori Astronomical Observatory), Mr. Shinjiro Murayama (SPAN Computer Assistant Network for the visual disability)
- Summary: Students feel the textured “tactile astrophotography”.
Title: Tactile Geometric Solids
- Instructor: AIST Digital Manufacturing Research Center
- Summary: Students feel geometric solids as teaching material, produced by Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research, Scientific Research type (A) project “Research of three-dimensional recognition system for the visually disabled and development of geometric solids as teaching material”
Title: Sudoku Board for the Visually Disabled
- Instructor: Science Accessibility Net
- Summary: The Sudoku board has been invented for people with visual disability. Students have an opportunity to try and enjoy it.